MILA* Blueberry Muffins (Our guests and friends LOVE these! So light and fluffy and delish with the warm blueberries – and so good for you – Enjoy 🙂
Prep.Time: 10 mins Total Time: 30 mins Yield: 12 muffins Oven Temp: 400 degree F
- 1.5 cups spelt flour (you may use all-purpose flour), ½ cup oatbran, ¼ cup MILA*, 2 tsps baking powder, ½ tsp baking soda, ¼ tsp salt, 1 egg – beaten,
- 3/4cup almond milk (or normal milk), ½ cup stevia or sugar, ¼ cooking oil(or coconut oil), ½ tsp pure vanilla extract, ¾ BC blueberries.
- Grease 12 medium muffin cups or 36 small muffin cups or line with organic bake cups, set aside.
- Stir together flour, oat bran, MILA, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl. Make a well in the center of the mixture.
- Combine egg, almond milk, sugar, oil and vanilla in another bowl. Add egg mixture all at once to the flour mixture. Stir until moist, (batter should be a little lumpy). Fold blueberries into the batter. Spoon batter (using an ice-cream ladle) in prepared muffin cups – fill to three-quarters full.
- Bake in 400 degree F oven for 18 minutes for medium muffins or 10-12 minutes for small muffins, or until done (test with wire skewer or toothpick – should be dry when pulled out.) Cool in muffin cups on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Makes 12 regular muffins, or 36 small muffins.
- For info on MILA (specialized Chia seed), contact Jennie Small at 604.902.2180 or jennie(at)findyourseat.ca