Each and every year at Thanksgiving, we spoil our guests with an authentic pumpkin pie made from pumpkins grown locally near Whistler. You may prepare your Thanksgiving Pumpkin Pie in your own home or book your Thanksgiving vacation with us at our Chalet and let our chef prepare a sumptuous Thanksgiving Feast for you and your loved ones.
Our chef has taken an authentic recipe for classic pumpkin pie, using fresh farm pumpkins for this quick and easy recipe for this all time Thanksgiving favorite. Rich, cinnamon laden pumpkin filling in a crisp pie crust. Absolutely delicious!
- 2 cups cooked pumpkin purée
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs + yolk
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 pie shell
- Preheat oven to 425 deg. F.
- Mix together the white and brown sugar, salt, spices, and lemon zest in a large bowl. Beat the eggs and add to the bowl. Stir in the pumpkin purée. Add in the cream. Now whisk all the ingredients together until smooth.
- Pour the pie filling into the pie shell and bake for 15 minutes. Reduce the temperature to 350 deg. F and bake for 40-50 minutes, or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Leave to cool on a wire rack for 2 hours.
- Serve slices of pumpkin pie with whipped cream and Enjoy!